Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter and a World of Fairs

Hello folks! Hope everyone had a splendid Easter Sunday! This was the first cold weather Easter I've seen in a while! I had to switch from a light raincoat to my heavy wool overcoat, and normally on Easter it's warm enough that I don't need any kind of overcoat! This year for Easter lunch I went with the pre-war look with my '30s suit and tie paired with my '50s does '30s Dobbs fedora. Though not from the pre-WWII era I couldn't pass up an opportunity to sport my grandpa's '50s-'60s era cufflinks and tie bar.


I also took a hike up to The Museum of the City of New York to see the "Designing Tomorrow: America's Worlds Fairs of the 1930's" exhibit. It was small, but still great! Streamline Moderne as far as the eye could see! Unfortunately no photo's were allowed of the exhibition (grumble), but they did have an "exhibit preview" with some World Fair posters outside the exhibit you could photograph. I tried to dress as close to 1939 era spec as I could with my 1939 union tag suit jacket, '30s tie and '60s (sort of) does '30s fedora.
With all this talk of the 1930's my latest music obsession happens to be from the same period. "Alligator Crawl" performed by Fats Waller in 1934.

No comments:

Post a Comment