Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year

Happy New Year! Hope everyone had a great holiday. My family's little Christmas gathering was quite nice and everyone was quite pleased with all their presents. Since the gathering for Christmas eve was small, I didn't go all out formal, but I did keep the classic dressy look for it.

 Nothing super flashy, but went with earth tones for a casual but dressy post-war look, which with the book I'm holding enhances the look. Mostly modern garb, except for my new '30s tie (worn specifically for Christmas) and my late '50s chocolate brown gabardine slacks.


Christmas morning I went with a more casual '50s look. '50s wool pants paired with a late '50s shirt.
                                           The present haul. Classic gifts throughout, nothing electronic.
The flat cap, though not vintage, is a rare example of a modern flat cap with the width and body of 1910's-1930's era flat caps.



No comments:

Post a Comment