Saturday, March 3, 2012

Introduction

Greetings! Being my first post of this blog, I'll start with an introduction. I'm a traditional animation major at the School of Visual Arts, now in my senior year. I'm a born and bred Brooklynite who has a fascination with the past, mainly the Golden Era, which was from around the 1920's to the 1950's. Though, I do have interests in some of the decades before and after the period. This blog is for me to share my knowlege and passion for this era with those who share the same love for it. Whether it's animation, cars, movies, clothes or music. My main focus will be vintage menswear and such. 

I'll start off with a recent ensemble.
Doing my best George Formby impression

-50's Lee Fedora     
-50's NOS Raincoat
-'40s Tie                  
-Early '40s suit jacket
-Modern Shirt           
-Modern Slacks        
-Modern shoes         
-Mitchell Ukulele      

For those who don't know George Formby, he was a well known comedy Ukulele player in England during the '30s and '40s. He's best known for the song "The Window Cleaner", which I recently learned on Ukulele myself, though I'll never be able to match the precision strumming Formby was able to acheive. 
Here's George playing the famous tune in "Keep Your Seats Please".



3 comments:

  1. great photos!!
    Greetings from Spain
    http://thespeedboys.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wahoo, I am glad I ve found your blog. It is very interesting as vintage blog are ofter run by women. Now I can have another point of view. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like the blog! Hope you enjoy the future posts.

      -Adam

      Delete